Lake Victoria South Water Services Board is a State Corporation under the Kenyan Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
Our mandate is the Efficient and Economical provision of Water and Sanitation Services in our area of jurisdiction.
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board strives "To be the most Efficient and Effective Water Services Board in Kenya"
REPUBLIC OF KENYA
MINISTRY OF ENVIRONMENT, WATER AND NATURAL RESOURCES
LAKE VICTORIA SOUTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Financing Agreement Reference.:2100155019967
Project ID No.: P- Z1-EA0-004
Date: 8thApril 2015
International Competitive Bidding
TENDER NO.LVSWSB/T/2/2014-2015; SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF 7No. TRACTORS
1. This Specific Procurement Notice follows the General Procurement Notice for this project that appeared in UN Development Business Issue No. 792 of 16 February 2011.
2. The Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB)through the East African Community (EAC) has received a Grant from the African Development Fund in various currencies towards the Lake Victoria Water Supply and Sanitation Program, Phase II (LV WATSAN II), for Kericho, Keroka and Isebania and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the Grant to cover eligible payments under the contracts for Supply and Delivery of 7No. Tractors.
3. The Lake Victoria South Water Services Board now invites sealed bids from prospective bidders for Supply and Delivery of 7 No. Tractors, (Tender No. LVSWSB/T/2/2014-2015).
4. Tender documents may be obtained by interested candidates upon payment of non-refundable fee of Kshs.1, 000.00 (Kenya Shillings: One Thousand Only). The interested bidders will be required to deposit cash to our KCB Kisumu account no. 1104034395 and present the cash deposit in slip to Accounts office. The bidding documents will be collected from the address above upon production of a purchase receipt.
5. Bidders may also download the bidding document from this website http://www.lvswaterboard.go.ke/
free of charge. Upon downloading, bidders are required to immediately send/email their names and contact details (including physical address) to the Procurement Manager –
6. The Instructions to Bidders and General Conditions of Contract contained in the bidding documents comply with Bank’s Standard Bidding Documents for procurement of Goods.
7. Bidders are invited for a Pre-Tender Conference for any clarifications before bidding at the Boardroom A of Lake Victoria South Water Services Board, Lavictors House, Off Ring Road Milimani office in Kisumu on Tuesday 28th April 2015 at 10.00am.
8. Bids shall be valid for a period of 120 days after Bid Opening and must be accompanied by the security deposits of Kenya Shillings Five Hundred Thousand Only (500,000.00) and be delivered to the Tender Box situated on the 1st Floor reception area of LVSWSB offices at Lavictors House on or before 10.00 am local time on Thursday 21st May 2015.They will be opened in the presence of bidders representatives who choose to attend at the Conference Room 1st Floor of LVSWSB offices located at Lavictors House, Off Ring Road, Milimani, Kisumu, Kenya on Thursday 21st May 2015, 10.10 am local time.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
LAKE VICTORIA SOUTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
Siaya Bondo Water Supply Project is currently at 85% completion, it has two components the Water Supply and Sanitation which is expected to boost and expand the water supply to Bondo and Siaya towns in Siaya County. The project is financed by the African Development Bank and the Government of Kenya at an estimated cost of 1.2billion. Upon completion, the project will serve a projected population of 201,258 by 2034, from the current population of 104,293 in the two towns.
The project components includes;- Rehabilitation of Sidindi Malanga Water Supply Intake Works which is currently at 5,000m3/day capacity to 19,000 m3/day, Construction of 12,000m3/day water treatment works and augmentation of the existing water treatment works to 7,000m3/day at Sidindi Malanga Water Works, Construction of 1No. 1000m3 and 2No. 3000m3 reinforced concrete water storage reservoirs at Ngiya, Gobei and Sigana, installation of 5no. additional hydro turbines/pumps on the existing 3No. for power generation, Laying of parallel 3.57Km 450mm pipes (steel rising main) from Sidindi Malanga Water Works to Nyamninia Reservoir, Laying of 46Km transmission main from Nyamninia Reservoir to Siaya and Bondo Towns, Laying of distribution pipelines in Siaya, Bondo Towns and Construction of 14No. Community water Kiosks.
Sewerage Component will provide water-borne sanitation system in the same towns Bondo and Siaya towns. The works consist of construction of a 20 km precast concrete sewer line for both towns, 4No waste stabilization ponds together with a utility building in each town and 4No public ablution blocks in each town.
Page 1 of 8
LVSWSB as part of its core functions develops and enters into service provision agreements with Water Service providersas agents of the Board. These are the LVSWSB contracted WSPs
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board Lavictors House, Off Ring road Milimani, P.O. BOX 3325-40100,KISUMU, KENYA E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: (+254) 057-2025128 Fax: (+254) 057-2025127
"Our mission is to ensure the provision of safe, adequate and sustainable water and sanitation services for socio-economic growth by developing viable water services infrastructure and utilities"
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board 2013 All rights reserved