Lake Victoria South Water Services Board is a State Corporation under the Kenyan Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
Our mandate is the Efficient and Economical provision of Water and Sanitation Services in our area of jurisdiction.
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board strives "To be the most Efficient and Effective Water Services Board in Kenya"
SUPERVISION MISSON BY THE FRENCH AMBASSADOR, AFD TEAM AND THE COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KISUMU
The French Ambassador Mr. Remy Marechaux, Agence Francaise de Development (AFD) Direcor Mr. Yves Boudot, AFD team and County Government of Kisumu visited Kisat waste water Plant on 17th November, 2014 for supervision mission on progress of the rehabilitation of Kisat Wastewater system.
Kisat Project is financed by the AFD under Kisumu Water Supply and Sanitation. The CEO LVWSB Eng. Agumba said during the supervision visit that the project will increase the water supply & sanitation and also improve environment within the City. He emphasized that the Board is committed to ensure completion of the project for better service delivery, sufficient quality water supply and proper sanitation to the people of kisumu. Currently there is no flooding at Kisat compound with raw sewer, no foul smell that has been experienced in the area before, treated sewerage from 50-70% and 50% of the system is now operational.
The Conventional Sewage Treatment Works (STW) is located to the northwest of the town next to River Kisat. The plant was first constructed in the year 1958 with capacity of 2270 m3/day, which was then rehabilitated in the year 1985-6 under financing of KfW. This increased the capacity to 6800 m3/day. The plant receives sewage from the domestic and commercial mainly from the Central Business District and industrial area, it also receives heavy amounts of oils from the garages, factories on the lower shores like the fish factories.
Kisat waste water treatment has the following component;- inlet Works which includes (Storm water Overflow, The Screens, Mechanical and Manual Screens),Oil Separator, Primary Sedimentation Tanks, Biological Trickling Filters and Siphon/ Distribution Chambers, Secondary Sedimentation Tanks, Effluent Re-circulation Pumping Station, Sludge Pumping Station and Sludge Digesters.
French Ambassador, AFD team, The GovernorKisumu County, Deputy Governor, LVSWSBteam during supervision mission at Kisat
Setting up to for the tour of Kisat waste watertreatment
New rehabilitated Kisat wastewater treatment plant
The French Ambassador planting a tree during thesupervision mission at Kisat
LAKE VICTORIA SOUTH WATER SERVICES BOARD
TENDER FOR SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF PERFORMANCE ENHANCEMENT EQUIPMENT
ICB TENDER NO: LVSWSB/T/01/2014-15
1. The Government of Kenya (GoK) through the Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources (MEWNR) has received a loan from the Government of Federal Republic of Germany, through KfW Development Bank (KfW), to undertake the Water Sector Development Program – Lake Victoria South (WSDP-LVS) for the Towns of Kericho, Kisii, Nyamira and Litein.
2. Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for Procurement of Performance Enhancement Equipment in the following Lots;
Lot 1: Water Meters, Meter Testing Bench, Valves and Fittings
Lot 2: Pipes and EFB HDPE Machine
Lot 3: NRW Management Equipment
Lot 4: Pumps and Associated Items
Lot 5: Laboratory Equipment
Lot 6: Vehicles- Pick-Ups, Motorcycles and Exhausters
3. Bidding will be conducted through International Competitive Bidding (ICB) procedures and is open to all qualified bidders from Eligible Source Countries as defined in the Bidding Documents.
4. A complete set of Bidding Documents (Bidding Document and Price Schedules)
in English is downloadable from LVSWSB’s website: www.lvswaterboard.go.ke in the Menu Downloads then Tender download
5. Bids must be addressed to and delivered to the address below on or before 1400hrs East African Time on 6th January 2015 and will be opened shortly thereafter. Electronic submission of bidding documents will not be permitted. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security as specified in the bidding document.
6. The address for bid submission is;
The Chief Executive Officer
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board
P.O. Box 3325 - 40100
Lavictor’s House, Off Ring Road Milimani, Kisumu, Kenya.
Tel. +254 57 2025128 / 20 2157233
Fax. +254 57 2025127 / 2024589
Page 1 of 7
LVSWSB as part of its core functions develops and enters into service provision agreements with Water Service providersas agents of the Board. These are the LVSWSB contracted WSPs
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board Lavictors House, Off Ring road Milimani, P.O. BOX 3325-40100,KISUMU, KENYA E-mail: email@example.com Tel: (+254) 057-2025128 Fax: (+254) 057-2025127
"Our mission is to ensure the provision of safe, adequate and sustainable water and sanitation services for socio-economic growth by developing viable water services infrastructure and utilities"
Lake Victoria South Water Services Board 2013 All rights reserved