Lake Victoria South Water Services Board (LVSWSB) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Water and Irrigation. The Board is among the 8 Water Service Boards (WSBs) established under the Water Act (2002) vide Gazette Notice No. 1714 of 12th March 2004 with the mandate of ensuring efficient and economic provision of Water and Sanitation Services in its area of jurisdiction. In 2004, the Board started its operations in administrative counties within former Nyanza Province and the Southern part of the Rift Valley. Geographically, it covers an area of 21,720 Sq. Km in the host Counties of Kisumu, Siaya, Migori, Homa Bay, Bomet, Kericho, Nyamira and Kisii. The aggregate jurisdictional population is estimated at 8.5 million with a distribution of 21% in urban and 79% in rural areas.There are eight (8) urban and over eighty six (86) registered rural water services providers, and several informal services providers.
To be the most efficient and effective Water Services Board in Kenya
To provide adequate water and sanitation infrastructure and related services in a sustainable manner
Our Core Values
The following distinctive values have always shaped how we engage our customers, partners, and the general public:
Our Core Functions
- Developing national public water and sanitation works.
- Formulating water services development and investment plan for rural and urban areas.
- Mobilizing resources for infrastructure development and improvement of water services delivery.
- Facilitating establishment and efficient operations of cross-county and other water services providers.
- Providing technical assistance in water infrastructural development.
- Ensure proper co-ordination of stakeholders for enhanced synergy and increased impact in water services.